Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Self -reflective

I’ve writing my diary since I was young, dozens of diary books are laying on my book shelf. They are my friends that have been through all the moments and memories in my life, whether happy or sad. I like to write, but I can never define myself as a good writer. It’s because I don’t feel confident about my writings especially sharing with others. From my diary, I even thought writings are individual; they go through people’s heart and are shown as their emotions and thoughts. From all the writing classes I took before this course, my writings were just like my diaries, they were only for showing to the teachers to get a good grade. Honestly, I was pretty comfortable to stay a world just like that. However, I didn’t even expect a writing class could be like this. At the beginning of the class, I was kind of afraid about posting my writings on the blog. It was all about the confident that I had for myself. But right now, we are getting close to the final of this course, through all the works we’ve done, actually I realized it wasn’t a bad way to do it. It has not only given me the processes for how to be a better writer, but also the attitude to my writings and the people who read my writings.
My attitude of writing has changed is the most important advantage that I have to point out. It should attribute to use the blog to post our writing assignments. Using blog to post writing assignments is a totally public resource that has been used for this class, which means everyone could see each other’s work. There are lots of benefits we can get from blog. We have kind of discussed those benefits in the
post 2. Through this processes, I started to spend more time during my writing because I want my topic or my idea to be interesting to my classmates or even to everyone who has seen my blog. Also, I started to pay attention to all the comments that have been posted under my writing; it’s a good way to know how other people think about your writing, and how to take those comments to approve a better writing.
I think a good writing work takes time; it needs to be thoughtful and interesting. Through all the writing assignments that I have done during this course, I have discovered some writing strategies that I have learned from my own writing.
The way I would define for a “good writer” is how to be clear with your statements. How to create interesting ideas into your writing; and how to grab audience’s attention quickly at the beginning of your writing. The best writing work that I have done would be the
“Observational essay--Distance".
Also, I have found some simple but important steps for my writing (it might work for others as well)
1. Find a topic
2. Research, gather information
3. Organize the information
4. Clear topic
5. Edit thoughts and insert them into paragraphs.
6. Introduction and conclusion
7. Read and reread the writing
Topic is the soul of writing. A good topic determines the most important element of a good work.
Through researches, all the information and evidence that you’ve found must be close and helpful to prove your topic.
Organize the information is the way to pick the best evidences that can support your writing. Those evidences have to be powerful to your writing.
Edit your thoughts into the writing is next important step, that’s how you think about your topic as a writer to the audience.
Introduction has to be interesting because this is the place where you have catch audience’s attention. This is the key of your writing.
Conclusion is a place where should have the effect to gather your writing up to your focal point. It attaches with your introduction and even your topic.
Read and reread the writing is the chance to correct some writing errors, such as grammars, spellings, and words choosing.
During this course, my writing has definitely developed by doing all the assignments and practices that we’ve done inside of the class. Like when we were discussing the “destroyed room”, I learned lots of strategies about how to actually observe an object, and from that point, how to develop your imaginations to what you’ve seen. From that “destroyed room” model, I created my own writing about the same topic
—“Calvin Klein- the definition of sexy” and “Post #11-photograph”.
There are some lots of things that I need to work on, especially with the English grammars and spelling.
All in all, thank you, Josh, and a big hug to myself for all the works I’ve done for this semester. Have fun in the summer, everyone!

3 comments:

Ajmeri Seo said...

This is often a wonderful blog, could you be interested in working on an interview about just how you developed it? If so e-mail myself! htTPs://goodfridayquotess.net

Ajmeri Seo said...

I was examining some of your content on this internet site and I believe this website is rattling instructive! Keep putting up. Mother'S Day Prayers Catholic

Ajmeri Seo said...

Which is some inspirational stuff. Never knew that opinions might be this varied. Thank you for all the enthusiasm to provide such helpful information here. Easter Messages Cards